Friday 24 May 2013

You See Everything.



My son, my John. You're growing at an incredible rate. Don't get me wrong, you're still a tiny dot for your age but each day you learn something new, another skill mastered.

You're a quiet soul, yet to say your first real word (unless "ta" counts). But your communication with the world around you is fascinating to watch. You listen, you learn, you react.

If I ask you where your nose, hair, toes, tummy or willy (ha!) are you know exactly where to point. If I ask you to fetch your shoes, cup, toys or really any item in the house, you totter off in a search and never return with empty hands. You've figured out a range of household items, from remote controllers to switching the hoover on & off. You give us high fives & kisses, clap your hands and wave hello, goodbye & goodnight. But my favourite recent development is your discovery of music.

Last week, you toddled over to me with a pair of earphones in your hands. I showed you only once that they went into your ears and you then started touring the house whilst holding them up to your own ears. And when I showed you that they in fact played music when plugged into my phone, your smile beamed from ear to ear. Now, whenever you pass your earphones, you rush over and try to plug them into my phone & make the music play. And each time, you dance in a circle on the spot, tangling the earphones right around you.

You seem to be discovering the world at an accelerated rate. Everything amazes you & you see the beauty in everything. And although you've yet to discover your voice, you get your feelings, thoughts & appreciation of music communicated to us just fine with your actions.

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to all your comments. Be sure to drop me a comment if you're new here too! If I'm a little slow in replying then feel free to give me a nudge on Twitter (@amylorimer) or send me an email.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...