Monday 3 June 2013

More To Mummy Than Meets The Eye.

All too often, I fall into the persona of "Mum". Just Mum, nothing more, nothing less. And don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic thing to be, but from time-to-time it's nice to remember that I'm an individual too.

Today I've decided to embrace my individually and share some random pieces of trivia on me; Amy. You could say some of the information has shaped the me you see before you, or maybe you'll be surprised by something you didn't expect.

Here goes...

 I had a fairly normal upbringing. My Dad was a fireman, my Mum a baker/cake-maker with her own at-home business. I'm the middle child, with an older & younger sister. We lived in a 3 bedroom house in a small seaside town, just down the coast from where I stay now.


 At school, my best subject was art. It was the only subject I really excelled in and for a while I thought it'd be the route I would carve a career from. In year 6 of High School I studied Advanced Higher Art -- this was the decider that I couldn't have a career in art, simply due to the fact I couldn't force myself to make deadlines. Through my life, art has been a hobby, not something I could pressure myself to do. The last thing I wanted was to resent doing the very thing I loved.

 I left school planning to become a tattoo artist. I started work on my portfolio at 17 years old and entered the grown-up world planning to seek out an apprenticeship. Iain even bought me a tattoo kit for Christmas one year. Unfortunately real life (& bills) kicked in and a 4 year unpaid apprenticeship didn't seem possible without having some kind of savings behind me. I started working with the intention of saving enough to pursue the dream but instead got caught up with real world and the dream of tattooing became further & further away.

 I've had nearly every hair colour imaginable. I even won "Most Frequently Changing Hair Cut" in my school year book. These days I don't even dye my hair (too much up-keep) but I do miss having bleached blonde locks, especially with a flash of pink!

 I met Iain in the house that later became our first flat together. It was his friend's house warming party and coincidentally, my best friend was in a relationship with Iain's best friend -- my friend & I gate-crashed the party and as they say, the rest is history.

 I was in the regional semi-finals of LOOK & Lorraine's Search for a Curvy Supermodel in 2011. I was featured on national TV as part of the competition footage (talking about my long legs, no less!). For a large chunk of my teenage years I tried to break into modelling. It was something I was desperate to do but for every person that told me I had potential, another agency wasn't interested in me. I do wonder if I could have pushed the dream further than I did but I don't think I'd like the lifestyle now I'm a mother.


 I love to bake. When I was younger, my Mum would always be working on some fantastic cake or ploughing out tray-bake after tray-bake. As a result, growing up, I never really liked home baking -- it was always there and never appealed to me. Since leaving home, I seem to wanted to recreate my childhood surroundings and I'm forever whipping up cupcakes and coconut ice.

 I've been blogging since I was 12 years old. They've varied on a range of topics; from boybands to fashion. As a result, I have a good understanding of HTML and photo editing. However, like most things in life, I struggle to get what's on my head, out and onto the screen, with them looking as great as it did in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to all your comments. Be sure to drop me a comment if you're new here too! If I'm a little slow in replying then feel free to give me a nudge on Twitter (@amylorimer) or send me an email.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...