Thursday 30 May 2013

16 Week Bump.


This week, after nearly 10 weeks of being signed off due to my Hyperemesis Gravidarum, I returned to work. I'm not going to lie, it's been awful. Between not getting paid and having to leave John for 8+ hours a day, I can't help but yearn for past weeks where I've acted as stay-at-home Mum.

It was always the assumption that we'd be a working family, and before I was ill, we had a good routine. But now, now I realise how short life is. How much my wee boy enjoys having his Mummy at home. And it could be purely coincidental but whilst I've been off, John has started sleeping through the night, napping at regular times and self-settling like a boss.

Of course there's days I feel like I've had enough. Days when I wished I could escape for a few hours peace, but generally, 10 minutes quiet whilst John naps is enough for me to realise how thankful I should be for being able to be there when he wakes up.

One thing is for sure, after this second little one arrives, I'll be doing all I can to ensure I can stay at home and look after my kids.

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to all your comments. Be sure to drop me a comment if you're new here too! If I'm a little slow in replying then feel free to give me a nudge on Twitter (@amylorimer) or send me an email.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...