Wednesday 29 May 2013

Dear John - Sorry for Stressing.


These past few days have been tough. Between problems getting the sick pay I'm entitled to and petty arguments with your Daddy, I've found myself exhausted, stressed, anxious... And thanks to pregnancy hormones, over emotional too.

I know you've noticed. No matter how hard I try to hide my problems from you, you always pick up on the smallest negativity in our lives. It's as if you go out of your way to try and cheer me up. Sharing your snacks with me, bringing our shoes & your coat to remind me we need to get out the house, raising your arms at all opportunities just to cuddle into your Mummy's chest.

I step back and take you in. My tiny little boy. You've no idea how the stress of not having money can send your Mummy into despair. How can I pay your nursery fees? How can I make any sort of dent into our debts? Will we be able to afford to eat this month now? And your Daddy is stressed with it all too -- this isn't something he can fix and as a Daddy, that's what he feels he needs to do.

But the thing is, you don't know about money worries, you don't understand relationship woes. Your days are made good by simply singing Round & Round The Garden and being right between identifying your nose from your toes. The simple praise from your Mummy is more satisfying than receiving a missing pay cheque, or any amount of money in the world.

And I need to remember this. You love your Mummy regardless. No amount of money would change this. We could be living in a cardboard box, just the two of us, and you'd still be happy singing Round & Round The Garden.

Be reassured though, things will be OK. Your Daddy and I will put this behind us, we'll forget about it like many other silly little arguments. And Mummy's work will pay us what we're is due, even if it takes longer than is helpful to do so. And you'll be there, smiling, regardless.

Mummy promises to do the same for you in return -- to be there for you, as you grow and as your problems become more serious than not being able to fit more than 3 cheese puffs into your mouth. When real life problems affect you too, Mummy will be there to return the cuddles & if you really want, to sing Round & Round The Garden too.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's Beck from the Baby Board!
    Sorry you are having a tough time, but you do have such a beautiful little boy there, you are rich in that department xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading & replying to all your comments. Be sure to drop me a comment if you're new here too! If I'm a little slow in replying then feel free to give me a nudge on Twitter (@amylorimer) or send me an email.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...